Premier Concrete Countertop Contractors in San Diego
Concrete counters have become all the rage for rustic and modern kitchen décor. While many people have never imagined a concrete counter in the past, thanks to reality stars Joanna and Chip Gaines from HGTV, the concrete counter is growing in popularity. If you are looking for concrete countertop contractors in San Diego area, feel free to contact us for more info and free quotes on quality jobs.
Benefits To Concrete Counters and Why We Love Them
- Durability – Concrete is very difficult to damage. It can take hits from accidental drops onto it, but probably shouldn’t be cut directly on.
- Long Lasting – Possibly in the same category as durability, but a concrete counter will last a lot longer than many other types of counters out there. It may not be as affordable as Corian counters, but when longevity is considered, it could be very comparable.
- Stain Resistant – As long as your counter has been properly sealed, liquid, oil, wine, will all be easy to clean off of it. To keep it stain resistant though, it’s important to constantly reapply the sealant every 1-3 years.
- Moldable Shape – As concrete needs to be created from a viscous material, it can be molded into any desirable shape to fit any kitchen with proper planning.
Other Countertop Options for your Outdoor Kitchen
There are so many options for you BBQ and San Diego patio. Although we specialize in concrete countertops San Diego, we see the benefits of other materials for outdoor kitchens such as granite, quartzite, soapstone, tile, etc. We will recommend you the best option for your specific outdoor kitchen and plan the process accordingly.
Get A Free Quote
Concrete Countertops for Indoor and Outdoor Kitchens
Hire a Mason to Install a Concrete Counter in San Diego
There are many intricate steps involved with installing a concrete counter. Whether you are able to pour and mold your own concrete, consider these reasons why hiring a professional mason is a good idea:
- Correct Measurements – We have a lot of experience ensuring your counter is the exact size that’s needed. Unlike stone or wooden counters that are cut from a bigger material, it is very easy to make a mistake on the counter size when you are making it from scratch.
- Installation and Delivery – Delivery to and from your home for the counter is the most likely time that your counter can break. Our team will guarantee your counter’s safety as it gets to your home if prefabricated. If time allows, we can create your counter on location. Please allow for at least 3 weeks time for the counter to cure if using this option.
- Minimal Damage – There are so many ways your counter can become damaged before you even use it. If the slab isn’t level, it can easily crack. If the sealant is incorrect, it can become soft or stain easily. If polished poorly, your counter may feel rough or have areas of imperfections. Hiring a professional will minimize all of these issues.
- Design – This is the most important part of your counter. Without design, you are only stuck with the typical gray concrete counter. Using concrete staining methods and or dyes, we have the ability to add color to your counter. You can even get stamped concrete countertops. Not to confuse with stamped concrete floors. If shape is important, rounded edges or even non rectangular shapes can be added into your concrete counter. Let us know your design preferences when designing your counter.
If you are still unsure if a concrete counter is right for you, we would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact our San Diego Masonry Contractors for all your concrete and masonry needs!
Concrete Countertops Maintenance
Despite the durability of concrete, everything wears with time. Improper use of your concrete counter will show its age if you’re not careful. These are some of the best tips we can provide to maximize the enjoyment of your concrete counter:
- Sealant: Applying sealant to your concrete counter will prevent moisture and food from getting into the pores of the concrete. Poor or uneven sealant is the main reasons why your concrete counter can get stains. Once stained, it is very difficult to get rid of! It is recommended that all spills be cleaned immediately and to reapply sealant every 1-3 years.
- Use a Cutting Board: Just because your counter is made of stone doesn’t mean it can’t be damaged! Even other stone counters can show cut marks if cutting directly on it. Using a cutting board will reduce all chances of cut marks. Cutting directly on your counters will also increase the wear speed of your sealant. If this happens, the chances for damage, stains, and discoloration grow.
- If you notice any cracks or damage, look for concrete resurfacing as soon as possible to avoid further damage.
Why Choose Us for Concrete Countertops in San Diego?
Our masons are pros at install concrete countertops in San Diego for years. You can trust that we are:
✔ Licensed and insured contractors
✔ Skilled, creative, experienced with concrete countertops
✔ Honest, reputable
✔ Transparent pricing
✔ Satisfaction guaranteed
Get a FREE Quote for San Diego Concrete Countertops
Beautiful, durable, and affordable San Diego concrete countertops! We provide FREE quotes to San Diego, Oceanside, Escondido, Carlsbad, El Cajon, Vista, San Marcos, and nearby cities. We can install it to your indoor and outdoor kitchen. Call for a FREE estimate!